- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup Hain Pure Foods® Turbinado Sugar
- 2 eggs separated
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 1/2 cups of Rice Flour
- ½ teaspoon Hain Pure Foods® Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Hain Pure Foods® Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup of orange juice
- 1 cup of pecans chopped
- ½ cup orange glaze (recipe below)
- Preheat oven 350° F.
- Spray regular size loaf pan cooking spray.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light.
- Add egg yolks one at a time, to butter and sugar.
- Add orange zest to mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda together.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and orange juice to the egg/butter/sugar beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold gently into batter mix until just incorporated.
- Using a spatula gently fold in pecans.
- Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan and bake in oven for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and set pan on top of wire cooling rack.
- Pour orange glaze (recipe below) over warm loaf and cool completely before serving.
- ¼ cup Orange Juice
- ¼ cup Hain Pure Foods® Turbinado Sugar
- Combine both ingredients in a small sauce pan.
- Heat over a medium high heat to bring to a soft boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer gently stirring occasionally until a syrup forms.