- 1 tablespoon Spectrum Naturals® Organic Canola Oil
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Imagine® Chicken Cooking Stock
- 3 cups of cauliflower florets
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Hain Pure Foods® Iodized Sea Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon corn meal
- 1 cup of cold Rice Dream® Original Non-Dairy Beverage or Milk
- 4 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a medium to heavy soup pot over a medium-high flame.
- Add onions and sweat for 3 to 5 minutes on low heat to release flavors (keep the lid on and be sure onions do not brown).
- Add the stock and cauliflower. Bring to a fast simmer, cooking the cauliflower until soft.
- Add the thyme, salt, and pepper, then transfer to a food processor.
- In a small bowl, combine the corn meal with a little of the cold milk and mix until a paste if formed. Stir in the remaining milk, then transfer the corn meal mixture to food processor and blend together with the vegetable mixture.
- Transfer the soup mixture back to the pot and reheat, stirring in the cheese. Do not boil. Heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot.